NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
THE "RIDDICK RULE THE DARK FAN ART CONTEST" ("CONTEST") BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM PACIFIC TIME ("PT") ON JULY 18, 2013 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON AUGUST 16, 2013 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to deviantART members who are residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, possessions and U.S. military installations, (the "Eligibility Area") and are at least eighteen (18) years old as of July 18, 2013 except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household (whether related or not)) of deviantART ("Sponsor"), Universal Film Exchanges LLC and its parent-, subsidiary- and affiliated-entities (collectively, "Universal"), and Riddick Canada Productions Inc./Les Productions Riddick Canada Inc. and Riddick Productions, Inc. film production crews, or their respective affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Contest Entities"). Contest is void outside the Eligibility Area and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Membership to www.deviantart.com (the "Contest Site") is required to enter the Contest. Membership to www.deviantart.com. is free. If an individual desiring to enter is already a registered member, s/he is not automatically entered into the Contest. The directions for entry are as follows:
3. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be determined on or about August 22, 2013 from all eligible Entries as follows: All entries will be judged and twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be determined by full-time deviantART Staff on the basis of Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Task, and Technical Artistic Skill, each of which will be weighed in whatever proportion the judges determine to be appropriate to the task. The semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging on the Contest Site. Only one (1) Entry per Entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist winning Entry. The semi-finalists will then be judged by the Picture's director, David Twohy, and in the event of unanticipated interruption in their availability, by a senior Universal marketing staff member to determine the 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place Prize winners ("Major Prize Winners"). Judging of the semi-finalists to determine Major Prize Winners will be based on the judging criteria of Originality, Creative Interpretation of the Task, and Technical Artistic Skill, each of which will be weighed in whatever proportion the judges determine to be appropriate to the task. The judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie among themselves.
ONLY AN ELIGIBLE ENTRANT MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST AND/OR WIN A PRIZE. SPONSOR EXPRESSLY RESERVES FOR ITSELF THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE THE ISSUE OF ELIGIBILITY AND/OR THE RIGHT OF ANY ENTRANT TO REDEEM OR OTHERWISE BENEFIT FROM ANY PRIZING AT ANY TIME (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AFTER AN ENTRANT WAS EARLIER DEEMED ELIGIBLE).
4. PRIZES: There will be one (1) 1st Place Prize, one (1) 2nd Place Prize, one (1) 3rd Place Prize, and twenty-two (22) semi-finalist prizes available to be awarded, each consisting of the following:
1st Place Prize: a check in the amount of $4,000 USD; one (1) Survival kit; 8,000 deviantART Points; and a one-year Premium Membership to deviantART (Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of 1st Place prize: $4,330.)
2nd Place Prize: a check in the amount of $3,000 USD; one (1) Survival kit; 4,000 deviantART Points; and a six-month Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of 2nd Place prize: $3,266.)
3rd Place Prize: a check in the amount of $2,000 USD; one (1) Survival kit; 4,000 deviantART Points; and a six-month Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of 2nd Place prize: $2,266.)
Semi-Finalist Prize (awarded to Semi-finalists that are not determined to be the 1st Place, 2nd Place or 3rd Place Prize winners): 2,000 deviantART Points; and a three-month Premium Membership to deviantART (ARV of each semi-finalist prize: $32.50)
Total ARV of all prizes: $10,577. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible Entries received and nature of Works as judged according to the judging process stated above. Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each potential winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if the potential winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age, but considered to be under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity and submission release ("Affidavit and Release") as well as an IRS Form W9. Prize may be forfeited if Affidavit and Release are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Without limiting any of the foregoing provisions, winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, address, likeness, Work and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Contest Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and shareholders (collectively the "Released Parties") are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected Entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible for inability to upload Work or information required for entry. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be determined from among all eligible Entries received prior to such time according to the judging procedures detailed above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if the Entrant's fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
7. By virtue of entering the Contest, each Entrant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from and against any and all third party claims, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or in connection with: (i) Sponsor's and/or any of their respective affiliates' or their respective licensees' and/or authorized designees' exercise of any of their rights granted hereunder, and/or their use, as permitted hereunder, of the Entrant's Work; (ii) the Entrant's participation in the Contest; (iii) the Entrant's failure to comply with any one or more of the Rules; and (iv) Entrant's submission of a Work authored by someone other than the Entrant.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS LIST: To obtain winner's list, go to www.deviantart.com. Winners list will be available after determination and verification of winners.
10. SPONSOR: deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028.
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Go to www.deviantart.com.