NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM (PT — Los Angeles Time) on February 14, 2014 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT — Los Angeles Time) ON March 13, 2014 (THE "PROMOTION PERIOD").
1. HOW TO ENTER:
• Membership to www.deviantart.com
(the "Contest Site") is required to enter the "Diablo® III" Contest (the "Contest"). Membership to www.deviantart.com
is free. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Only entries from valid deviantART accounts will be accepted. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest.
• Entrant must be at least 17 years old as of February 14, 2014 to be eligible to enter the Contest.
• Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrant may reside in any country of the world.
• Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and create an original artwork inspired by Diablo III in the form of a portrait or an illustration showing a central figure(s) from one of the six classes of Heroes of Sanctuary or of Malthael preparing for the coming conflict. You may use any visual medium excluding cosplay, photographs or moving images.
• The completed entry ("Work") may originate in any visual medium excluding cosplay, photographs, or moving images but must be submitted at the Contest Site as a single JPG or PNG file. Photographs of an entry made in another medium are acceptable.
• The Work:
• must be at least 2000 pixels in the shortest length and minimum of 72 dpi;
• must be the Entrant's original work made for the Contest and may not use stock materials from others although licensed brushes and textures are acceptable as well as original assets from the Entrant's own work;
• may use as reference but not actually duplicate visual materials provided on the Asset Page;
• must be in the form of a portrait or illustration showing either one or more isolated figures or showing an action sequence.
The Work must be in keeping with the image of deviantART ("Sponsor") and Blizzard Entertainment Inc.; may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsor and/or Blizzard Entertainment in their sole discretion; must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor and/or Blizzard Entertainment in their sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights, or involve physical harm to any person or animal; may not contain verbal or visual mentions of commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than as contained in the assets provided to Entrants at the Contest Site; may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest; may not use any watermarks but may contain a signature by the artist provided that the signature is capable of removal at the request of Sponsors if the entry is adapted for use by the Sponsors as a winning entry in accordance with these Rules; and, if found to be in violation of these Rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
If entrant uses a model for the entry who is recognizable in the final Work, Entrant will be required to provide a signed release to qualify as a winning entry.
• Only online entries will be accepted. No hard copies of the entry will be accepted for judging. Do not submit original files or Works.
• ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) March 13, 2014 No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Works will not be returned.
• Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
2. ENTRANT'S RIGHTS:
• All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant, provided that:
• Entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property of Blizzard Entertainment Inc., and/or the Diablo franchise including the characters required to be depicted by this Contest (collectively the "Marks") as contained in the Work;
• except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without Sponsor's express prior written approval;
• during the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works submitted to the Contest may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Sponsor or Blizzard Entertainment Inc., and in any form and media on or off the deviantART site, but only in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or with reference to the Contest;
• during the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the "Display Period"), the Sponsor and Blizzard Entertainment Inc., may (but will not be obligated to) display the first, second and third place prize winning Works in any form and media in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
• Sponsors may otherwise use the first, second and third place prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant Entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned);
• Entrant may not authorize or permit any Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than Entrant and/or Sponsors, may not sell the Work or receive any payment for the use of the Work and may only use the Work for the purposes of display in social networks such as deviantART or in a personal portfolio all to the extent the Work incorporates the Marks; and
• Entrant warrants and represents that his or her contributions to the Work are completely original to the Entrant and will not infringe upon any third party intellectual property rights of any kind in any manner.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Potential winners will be selected on or about April 3, 2014, from all eligible and qualified entries. Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART staff on the basis of (i) Depiction of the Diablo III characters, (ii) Overall Impact of the Work, (iii) Technical Skill, and (iv) Originality; all in whatever degree the judges believe to be appropriate in reaching a decision. The 25 semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging. Only one entry per Entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist entry. Semi-finalists will be chosen by a panel of deviantART staff members. The prize winning Works using the same criteria and methodology will be selected from the semi-finalists by Christian Lichtner the Art Director for Diablo III. The judges' decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. In the event Mr. Lichtner becomes unavailable, a substitute Judge of similar stature and relationship to Diablo III will be used.
There will be one 1st Place Prize Package, one 2nd Place Prize Package, one 3rd Place Prize Package and twenty-two (22) Semi-Finalists Packages awarded consisting of the following:
• 1st Place Prize package
: (i) a check for $5,000.00 USD, (ii) a two night trip for one to Blizzard's Irvine Headquarters that includes lodging, ground transportation, and air fare, (iii) a signed Boxed Copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition; (iv) 8,000 deviantART points, (v) a 1-Year premium membership to www.deviantart.com
(vi), and A framed print of the winning work signed to the artist by the Diablo III Creative Team
• 2nd Place Prize package
: (i) a check for $3,000.00 USD, (ii) a signed Boxed Copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition; (iii) 4,000 deviantART points, (iv) a six (6) month premium membership to www.deviantart.com
(v), and A framed print of the winning work signed to the artist by the Diablo III Creative Team
• 3rd Place Prize package
: A prize package consisting of: (i) a check for $1,000.00 USD, (ii) a signed Boxed Copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition; (iii) 4,000 deviantART points, (iv) a 1-Year premium membership to www.deviantart.com
(v), and A framed print of the winning work signed to the artist by the Diablo III Creative Team
• Semi-Finalist Prize package: Each Semi-Finalist will win a signed Boxed Copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition, and (ii) 1,000 deviantART points.
Total ARV of all prizes: $ 14,987.00 USD. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions at the time prizes are awarded. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or damaged prizes. DeviantART and Blizzard will cooperate together to arrange for the visit and tour of Blizzard Studios set out in the prizing for the First Place winner.
*(The Diablo III game is for Windows 7/8, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.)
If the prize includes travel, the winner will receive round trip economy fare air travel between the nearest major city to the winner's residence and Los Angeles, CA. or Irvine, CA as appropriate. Sponsor will determine flight and accommodation itinerary in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for flight or other transportation/accommodation difficulties including cancellation/delay; no refund or compensation will be made in the event or a cancellation or delay in flight; winner is responsible for any travel documentation requirements, including visas if required, at their own cost; Entrant acknowledges that the trip package is for the purpose stated and accordingly, if winning a trip package, will make himself or herself available on the dates required and will not be able to substitute the dates for travel and accommodations presented to the entrant by Sponsor; travel is subject to the rules and restrictions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by the relevant airline carrier and accommodations; any expense and incidental travel costs not specifically included in the package description are the responsibility solely of the winner, including but not limited to meals and incidentals, ground transportation (other than to Irvine, CA and the Blizzard studios), luggage fees in excess of airline rules, miscellaneous travel expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and other expenses; Sponsors will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Accommodations will be described to the winning Entrant in advance of travel and Entrant will be permitted to make alternate choices for accommodations at the Entrant's sole cost, expense and responsibility.
Contest open to deviantART members residing anywhere in the world who are at least seventeen (17) years old as of February 14, 2014, except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and Blizzard Entertainment Inc., and their respective affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for deviantART membership.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES:
Potential winners will, and other potential winners may, be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. First, second and third place winners agree to Sponsors use of his/her name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, USA. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsors and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsors and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsors disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of their affiliates if the entrant's fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsors and their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS LIST:
To obtain winner's list, go to www.deviantart.com
. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
deviantART, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST:
Go to www.deviantart.com
© 2014 deviantART, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE OFFICIAL RULES TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY TERMS OR RIGHTS TO THE CONTRARY SET OUT IN DEVIANTART'S TERMS OF SERVICE, SUBMISSION POLICY OR ETIQUETTE POLICIES AND ANY SELECTION OF A CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR ENTRY WILL BE TREATED AS NULL AND VOID TO THE EXTENT NOT CONSISTENT WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By clicking on the "Upload Your Artwork" button below, you agree that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, the above Official Rules.