The Contest begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Time on March 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on March 20, 2016.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSAY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. How to Enter
- Membership to www.DeviantArt.com (the “Contest Site”) is required to enter the “HOMEFRONT -THE REVOLUTION!”” Contest (the “Contest”). Membership to www.DeviantArt.com is free. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Only entries from valid DeviantArt accounts will be accepted. If Entrant is already a registered member, Entrant is not automatically entered into the Contest.
- Entrant must be at least 18 years old as of MARCH 1, 2016 to be eligible to enter the Contest.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrant may reside in any country of the world.
- Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and submit the completed entry of an illustration that depicts consistent with the theme of the game “Homefront –The Revolution” (the “Game”) one or more revolutionary patriots as interpreted by the Entrant in front of one of three American revolutionary landmarks (the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall or Valley Forge) that has been war-ravaged. Entrant may use as reference the descriptions and materials provided at the Contest Site about the Game and the three designated landmarks.
- The completed entry (“Work”) may originate in any visual medium but must be submitted at the Contest Site as a single JPG or PNG file, and the Work:
- Must be at least 3000 pixels in the shortest length;
- Must be in “landscape orientation;”
- Must depict one of the three landmarks provided at the Contest Site;
- May not contain excessive blood or gore and/or depict actual violence;
- Must be the Entrant’s original work made for the Contest and may not use stock materials from others although licensed brushes and textures are acceptable as well as original assets from the Entrant’s own work;
- May reference and may be inspired by -- but not actually duplicate -- visual materials provided at the Contest Site and/or images of the landmarks;
- The first place winning entry may be adapted for use by Deep Silver, Inc or its parent Koch Media GmbH in advertising for the Game, including but not limited to outdoor advertising. Deep Silver Inc will adapt the Work as necessary for use in those formats and if the Work is used Deep Silver will endeavor to include on the advertising display a credit to the winning Entrant’s DeviantArt ID.
- Please also read the judging criteria in Paragraph 3 of these Official Rules to prepare your Work with the best change of winning.
The Work must be in keeping with the image of DeviantArt (“Sponsor”) and Deep Silver, Inc; may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights, or involve physical harm to any person or animal; may not contain verbal or visual mentions of commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than as contained in the assets provided to Entrants at the Contest Site; may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest; may not use any watermarks but may contain a signature by the artist provided that the signature is capable of removal at the request of Sponsors if the entry is adapted for use by the Sponsors as a winning entry in accordance with these Rules; and, if found to be in violation of these Rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
- Only online entries will be accepted. No hard copies of the entry will be accepted for judging. Do not submit original files or Works.
- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (PT) MARCH 20, 2016. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Works will not be returned.
- Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
2. Entrant’s Rights
- All Works submitted will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant, provided that:
- Entrant will not acquire any ownership or other interest in any and all trademarks, logos and other intellectual property found in the Game or otherwise owned by Deep Silver, Inc including the characters found in the Game (collectively the "Marks") as contained in the Work;
- Except as expressly required in these Official Rules, entrant may not use the Marks in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Work or otherwise without Sponsor’s express prior written approval;
- During the Promotion Period, and for a period of one year thereafter, eligible Works submitted to the Contest may be posted at the Contest Site or otherwise displayed in selections made by Sponsor or Deep Silver, Inc , and in any form and media on or off the DeviantArt site, but only in connection with promotion of the Contest and/or with reference to the Contest;
- During the ten (10) year period immediately following the Promotion Period (the “Display Period”), the Sponsor and Deep Silver, Inc may (but will not be obligated to) display the first, second and third place prize winning Works in social media and generally through the Internet in any form in connection with the promotion of their respective businesses;
- The First Place winner’s entry may be adapted for use in advertising for the Game excluding use in packaging or for in-store point of sale displays; the first place winner specifically consents to any changes made to the Work for this purpose and waives any fee or royalty for the use of the Work for this purpose and consents to the use of the Entrant’s DeviantArt ID as a credit shown on the advertisement at the discretion of the advertiser. As a condition of receiving first prize, the winning Entrant agrees to execute any additional documents needed to transfer necessary rights to Sponsor or to Deep Silver, Inc., or their agents to facilitate the formatting, printing and distribution of the Work as part of advertising for the Game;
- Sponsor and Deep Silver, Inc. may otherwise use the first, second and third place prize winning Works in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the relevant Entrant may approve in writing (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and
- To the extent the Work incorporates the Marks: Entrant may not authorize or permit any Work to be used to promote any product or service of any party other than Entrant and/or Sponsor and/or Deep Silver, Inc; may not sell the Work in multiple copies or receive any payment for the use of the Work by others except as a singular artwork; and may only use the Work for the purposes of display in social networks such as DeviantArt or in a personal portfolio or as a sale of the original of the Work to another person as an artwork.
- Entrant is free to remove the Marks from the Work and with such removal use the Work in any fashion whatsoever.
3. Selection of Winners
Potential winners will be selected on or about April 5, 2016, from all eligible and qualified entries.
Twenty-five (25) semi-finalists will be selected by a panel of full-time DeviantArt staff on the basis of:
- (I) Success in creating an illustration consistent with the requested elements;
- (II) Overall Impact of the Work;
- (III) Technical skill; and
- (IV) Appropriateness for use in advertising of the Game.
- The 25 semi-finalists will be posted in advance of final judging. Only one entry per Entrant may be chosen as a semi-finalist entry. The prize winning Works, using the same criteria and methodology, will be selected by Deep Silver’s Product Marketing Manager, Ryan Avery, its Global Brand Manager, Huw Beynon and its Senior Art Director, Philipp Foly. The judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. The judges may apply each of the criteria listed above in whatever degree of emphasis he or she chooses but each panel of judges must reach consensus on the finalists, in the case of selecting the semi-finalists, and on the three placed winners as applicable to that panel. In the event of a tie in any portion of the judging process, the judges themselves will resolve the tie to the appropriate number of semi-finalists or ranked winners as applicable. In the event any one of the judges for the prize winners becomes unavailable, a substitute Judge of similar stature and relationship to the Game will be used.
There will be one 1st Place Prize Package, one 2nd Place Prize Package, one 3rd Place Prize Package and twenty-two (22) Semi-Finalists Packages awarded consisting of the following:
- 1st Place Prize Package: $6,000 USD; a copy of Homefront: The Revolution Collector’s Edition (for PS4 or XB1); Corsair Strafe keyboard, M65 Mouse, and Void Gaming Headset; 8,000 DeviantArt points; and a one year Core Membership to DeviantArt (Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of 1st Place Prize: $ 6,810.00 USD); First Place Winning artwork will have a chance to be displayed in Homefront: The Revolution advertising with artist credit!
- 2nd Place Prize Package: $3,000 USD; a copy of Homefront: The Revolution (for player’s preferred platform); Corsair M65 Mouse and Void Gaming Headset; 4,000 DeviantArt points; and a six-month Core Membership to DeviantArt (ARV of 2nd Place Prize Package: $ 3,506.00 USD);
- 3rd Place Prize Package: $1,000 USD; a copy of Homefront: The Revolution (for player’s preferred platform); Corsair M65 Mouse; 4,000 DeviantArt points; and a six-month Core Membership to DeviantArt (ARV of 3rd Place Prize Package: $ 1,406.00 USD);
- Semi-Finalists Package: 2,000 DeviantArt points; a copy of Homefront: The Revolution (for player’s preferred platform) and a three-month Core Membership to DeviantArt. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners do not receive this package. (ARV of each Semi-Finalists Prize Package $ 153.00 USD).
- Total ARV of all prizes: $ 15,088.00 USD.
- All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of entries). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Actual retail value of prizes may vary due to market conditions at the time prizes are awarded. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or damaged prizes.
Contest open to DeviantArt members residing anywhere in the world who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of March 26, 2016, except employees and volunteers (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, Deep Silver, Inc and their respective affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. There is no charge for DeviantArt membership.
6. Verification of Winners and Delivery of Prizes
Potential winners will, and other potential winners may, be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit or releases are not returned within 14 days after mailing to potential winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. First, second and third place winners agree to Sponsors use of his/her name, address, DeviantArt name, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, USA. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of California. Sponsors and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsors and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sponsors disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing, posting, uploading or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the Contest Site and the winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of their affiliates if the entrant’s fraud or misconduct adversely affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsors and their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winners List
To obtain winner’s list, go to www.DeviantArt.com. Winners list will be available after selection and verification of winners.
DeviantArt, Inc., 7095 Hollywood Blvd., #788, Hollywood, CA 90028
11. Questions Regarding this Contest
Go to www.DeviantArt.com
© DeviantArt, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE OFFICIAL RULES TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY TERMS OR RIGHTS TO THE CONTRARY SET OUT IN DEVIANTART’S TERMS OF SERVICE, SUBMISSION POLICY OR ETIQUETTE POLICIES AND ANY SELECTION OF A CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR ENTRY WILL BE TREATED AS NULL AND VOID TO THE EXTENT NOT CONSISTENT WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By clicking on the “Submit Your Entry” button below, you agree that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, the above Official Rules.